A Man’s Journey 2019
A Man's Journey 2020
Ubub, Bali, Indonesia
A Man's Journey
Ubub, Bali, Indonesia
A Man's Journey is an opportunity to explore the sources of life's experiences that have created the man you are,
and what you choose to acknowledge or change.
Pondok means little house and Saraswati is the Goddess of Wisdom and Learning. Founded in 1991, this unique, family-run retreat overlooking the rice fields in Silungun 6km south of Ubud, provides a perfect tranquil space for group work.
Participants enjoy all of the services and comfort of a small private hotel. Lovingly prepared beautiful food, a swimming pool, village walks and outstanding service from host Wayan Mandira and friendly staff.
To book or for enquiries
Since 2004 the Men in Bali retreats have provided an outstanding opportunity for men to explore their potential in a unique tropical setting. Over 160 men have participated in the past 36 programs. Limited to just 8 men per program, only in Bali can we give you the luxury of 8 days devoted just to you.
What happens at the retreat?
Lots of considerate, safe and respectful personal development group work, innovative workshop processes and sharing circles. Nothing boring! Some ritual work and plenty of reflection time. Great conversations and mate-ship. Plenty of village walks, meditation, bodywork, music and stunning local cultural events. We experience care, service, beautiful food, a few surprises and lots of fun! These unique group experiences offer men an authentic, safe opportunity to go to the essence of themselves, to share and explore as a potential springboard to the next part of your life’s journey.
Where else could you participate in an 8-day fully facilitated, all inclusive program with exceptional service and accommodation just sufficiently ‘out of the way’ to concentrate on just you?
We offer a genuinely stunning adventure. (For those of you with partners, you could consider having them join you in Bali either before or after the Program. Many previous attendees have chosen this option, talk to us about this possibility).
What's in it for you?
Previous participants have reported that they experienced:
- A willingness to let go of past issues
- A clearer understanding of what they want to do in the future
- Enriched sense of family and place
- A willingness to know and accept their life’s journey
- Self-respect and respect for others
- Enriched and deeper insight into their life’s purpose
- A freedom to be with other men
- Ability to make time and space for themselves
- An appreciation of spirit
- Understanding of their place in community
- Respect from others
- A sense of purpose around creativity
YOUR PROGRAM GUIDES
Wes Carter OAM, Perth WA. Wes is a pioneer of the Men’s movement in Australia, he has committed his life to exploring and contributing to the wellbeing of people. A recipient of the Order Of Australia Medal for his work in the field of men’s health and wellbeing, his work has touched many hundreds of lives. From his deep source of life experience, he shares and facilitates with rich, resonate compassion. Wes is absolutely committed, he brings humour, challenge, support and life experience to this important work among men.
John Broadbent, Sydney NSW. John is an engaged father to 2 sons, has actively been involved in men’s work for almost 30 years, published ‘Man Unplugged – Exploring The Inner Man’ and continues to explore his own eldership by helping other men take their inward journey with purpose and support. He too has experienced the enhanced richness and fullness of life, resulting from men’s work and how that has deeply supported his own unfoldment.
Program covers an all inclusive amount of A$2,450* per man and includes:
- 8 days and nights full accommodation (twin-share)
- Breakfasts, lunches and Balinese evening feasts at venue
- Airport transfers to and from venue in Ubud
- All group work sessions (42++ Hours)
- Local transport to and from venue & Ubud Balinese village walks
- Laundry at venue
- Staff gratuities
- Return transport across the island to a special breakfast at Padang Bai
- A special treat in Ubud.
- Kecak dance and fire dance ceremony.
*An early-bird rate of A$1,950 applies for deposits of A$500 received 45 days prior to the event date.
- Airfares (check Garuda, Air Asia. Jetstar – Currently around A$400 return)
- Travel Insurance
- A la carte meals in Ubud (Main course in Ubud from A$15 to A$20)
- Alcohol and bar fridge expenses (a 750ml Bintang beer will set you back around A$4)
- Personal shopping (most men would spend around A$100 on gifts and personal items)
- Massages (One and a half hours of absolute bliss, around A$25, A$12 to A$15 for one hour – can be quite addictive!)
BOOKING FOR A MAN'S JOURNEY
We encourage you to plan ahead to claim your space well in advance. All bookings need to be accompanied with a A$500 non-refundable deposit.
There are a limited number of places available on the retreats so we need to manage bookings carefully. Therefore, cancellations less than 60 days before the start date forfeit 100% of deposit payment. We will refund the deposit if we can fill the cancelled place. Cancellations between 60 and 90 days before start date forfeit 50% of deposit payment unless we can fill the cancelled place. If we cancel the retreat for any reason a full refund of your deposit will be made to all participants.